Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The air quality management technical working group led by the Department of Public Services (DPS) intalled three air-quality sensors in Manila. This is part of the "Air Blue Skies Program," a partnership program between Clean Air Asia, 3M ...
OIL companies announced a reduction in prices of petroleum products, with the cost of gasoline going down by 90 centavos per liter and diesel by P1.70 per liter. Kerosene price was also lowered by P1.65 per liter. Phoenix Petroleum first adjusted i...
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) provided emergency employment assistance to 10,000 residents in 10 municipalities in Batangas affected by Taal Volcano's eruption. “When we went there, we already extended assistance ...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said some of its personnel want to donate their combat pay to help the victims of the Taal Volcano eruption. Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas, NCRPO director, said the projected donations of Metro Manila cops...
Several local government units in Metro Manila have extended assistance to communities affected by the eruption of Taal Volcano following the Metro Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MMDRRMC)’s call for help. Metro Man...
Residents of Tondo filled the streets on Sunday to celebrate a festival for their beloved Sto. Niño. Early in the morning, devotees trooped to the church bearing the images of the Child Jesus to have them blessed. Children then took par...