Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Light Rail Transit Line 1 authorities put a 15kph speed restriction from Baclaran to Roosevelt station on Thursday morning. According to the advisory, they already sent a technician to check the fault of affected Light Rail vehicle (LRV). The p...
The decline in the revenue of the Metro Rail Transit-3 (MRT-3) in 2018 was due to the reduction of operating trains for safety issues, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said The DOTr issued a statement in response to a Commission on Audit (COA...
The Philippine National Police (PNP) said it will deploy police officers near hotels and casinos in wake of the surge in gambling-related kidnapping cases in the country. “This is part of our effort to address the problem of rising number...
Hundreds of passengers of Metro Rail Transit 3 were unloaded Tuesday afternoon at Ayala Station in Makati City after another train suffered technical difficulties. In its advisory, the DOTr which took over the operations of MRT 3 from Busan Consorti...
Maynilad announced on its Facebook page that certain parts of Sampaloc, Manila will experience water interruptions from 4 p.m. of Thursday (August 29) to 10 a.m. of Friday (August 30). The barangays in Sampaloc that will experience water interruptio...
Pasig Mayor Vico Sotto distributed cash incentives to 110 college students who graduated with honors. Those who graduated summa cum laude received P30,000; magna cum laude, P25,000; and cum laude, P20,000. In a Facebook post, Sotto said he is ...