Articles worth reading
As part of its continuing relief efforts in typhoon Odette-affected provinces in the Visayas and Mindanao regions, San Miguel Corporation partnered with various groups including the Armed Forces of the Philippines to deliver and distribute food donations to stricken areas in Southern Leyte. In Cebu, SMC also donated food to the AFP Mobile Kitchen initiative, which has been conducting feeding programs throughout Cebu for two weeks now.

SMC sustains Odette relief efforts 

account_balanceMetro Manila access_time4 days ago

San Miguel Corporation’s (SMC) response efforts for provinces hit by typhoon Odette continues, with food and water donations totaling over P35 million to date. This, as fuel subsidiary Petron Corporation managed to restore full operations to mo...

Pateros reports 69,231 fully-vaccinated residents

account_balancePateros access_time4 days ago

Fully vaccinated individuals in Pateros, the smallest local government unit (LGU) in Metro Manila with an estimated population of 70,000, have totaled more than 69,000 by the end of 2021, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. This is accord...

Marikina extends business permit renewal deadline

account_balanceMarikina access_time4 days ago

The Marikina City government passed City Ordinance No. 003, Series of 2022, extending the deadline of business permit renewal for local business owners, the city government announced on Wednesday, Jan. 12, according to a report by Manila Bulleti...

Makati News

OsMak, MMC registers zero new Covid cases 

account_balanceMakati chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Makati Mayor Abby Binay today said both Ospital ng Makati (OsMak) and Makati Medical Center (MMC) have recorded zero COVID patients to date.

The mayor said the city-run OsMak has not recorded any new COVID-19 case since November 24.

“Earlier this month, we had 54 patients with COVID-like symptoms at OsMak. Fortunately, they all tested negative after undergoing RT-PCR tests. Therefore, we have zero COVID cases at OsMak,” she stated.

Mayor Abby said a 75-year-old man was the last person so far to be admitted at OsMak last November 24 due to a critical COVID-19 infection. He died last December 3.

Earlier, MMC medical director Dr. Saturnino Javier issued a statement to the media confirming the hospital’s zero-COVID patient census for the first time in 20 months since March 2020.  

At present, Makati is under low-risk classification with 31 active cases, zero death, and one recovery, according to the latest report of the Makati Health Department (MHD).

Mayor Abby said the MHD attributed the low number of active cases to the city’s high vaccination rate, availability of rapid antigen tests and RT-PCR tests, surveillance and early isolation or quarantine of suspected COVID-19 patients, and strict implementation of minimum public health standards.

The mayor, however, reminded the public not to be complacent. She cited the looming threat of the Omicron variant, which has been detected in some neighboring countries, including Hong Kong.

“Even if we are now under the low-risk classification, we should remain vigilant. It may only be a matter of time before the Omicron variant makes its way to our country. We must continue to strictly observe public health standards like wearing face masks and keeping a one-meter distance from another person,” she said.

To date, Makati has vaccinated 439,185 individuals or more than 70% percent (437,192) of Makati’s population (624,560).

The city continues to speed up the Bakuna Makati drive in partnership with the private sector to further decrease the number of active cases.

date_rangeDate Published
1 month ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Makati reports 1,044 active Covid cases

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode3 days ago

The Makati city government announced that its active coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases surpassed the 1,000-mark with 1, 044 cases on Jan. 13, up from 998 cases on the previous day, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The city joined other c...

Makati approves ordinance to restrict movement of unvaccinated 

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode2 days ago

The Makati City local government announced on Thursday, Jan. 13, the passage of an ordinance regulating the mobility of unvaccinated individuals in the city, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Under City Ordinance No. 2022-005, non-fully...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature