233,679 Makati residents get aid
Makati Mayor Abby Binay said the city government has distributed 52 percent of the state-funded P511.98-million cash aid via electronic cash transfer to 233,679 qualified residents on the first day of distribution.
“We wanted to make the distribution of cash aid contactless and convenient. We are glad that we achieved a 52-percent utilization rate in just one day, without the long queues and crowds that would have put everyone at risk of getting infected with COVID,” Mayor Abby said.
The transfers were done through GCash, which is a feature of the Makatizen Card.
The mayor also said the city was willing to accommodate other qualified recipients who do not have a GCash account or need to update their number and other data.
“They only need to access the portal, proudmakatizen.com, and register or update their GCash account. The city will then be able to send them the allocated amount electronically,” Mayor Abby said.
Residents may also access My Makati Facebook page to check the list of qualified recipients who need to register or update their GCash account information. This would be safer than going to their barangay halls where the respective lists are also posted, she said.
“As much as possible, we must avoid face-to-face transactions to minimize the risk of virus transmission. We need to always think of safer alternatives for our constituents to access government assistance and essential services, especially now that more virulent strains are emerging,” Mayor Abby said.
For any concerns or queries, Makatizens may send an email through email@example.com, stating their complete name, including middle name, complete address, birthday, GCash number, and concern.
In May last year, Makati became the first in the country to implement contactless distribution of cash aid with its P2.7-billion economic relief program, Makatulong.
Through GCash, the city was able to release around P364 million to some 72,777 residents who got P5,000 each on the first day of distribution.
The Quezon City government is strictly monitoring all closed-setting facilities situated in the city after 22 more individuals tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in another religious convent, according to a report by Phi...
Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...
Caloocan has started providing “Fully Vaxxed” certifications to establishments in the city whose employees are 100 percent fully-vaccinated, according to a report by Daily Tribune. Mayor Oca Malapitan said the initiative will encourage b...
A third convent in Quezon City was hit by an outbreak of coronavirus disease (COViD-19) cases with 13 nuns reportedly being infected, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The nuns are reportedly from the convent of Stella Maris in Cubao, Q...