Articles worth reading

Makati News

Makati exceed enrollment target

account_balanceMakati chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Makati City reached 100 percent of its enrollment target for school year 2020-2021 with 77,339 students, according to Mayor Abigail Binay.

"We have exceeded last year's record of 76,599 enrolees," Binay said in a Facebook post.

Binay has earlier announced the provision of learner's package and educational supplies for some 85,000 public students, as well as brand new laptops for 2,500 public school teachers in Makati, as the city ramped up efforts for the distance learning modality.

"To me, this mirrors the enthusiasm and drive of our students to continue learning," she said.

Binay said the local government will extend all kinds of support the continuation of student's education by all means "whether online, offline or without the need of any gadget" amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"To our #ProudMakatizen students, know that we are behind you all the way," she added.

Meanwhile, the city government urged the residents with four-year-old children to enroll in the pre-kindergarten classes until August 31.

The parents can use the Makati online enrollment application via website link: bit.ly/prek12makati.

For further inquiries, parents should coordinate with the school's principal or to the school's enrolment focal person, where they wish to enroll their children.

Earlier, President Rodrigo Duterte has signed Republic Act 11480 on Friday (July 17) adjusting the school calendar due to the prevailing health crisis.

Department of Education Secretary Leonor Briones, meanwhile said once the academic calendar officially opens on August 24, a “safe back-to-school program” will be implemented.

date_rangeDate Published
1 year ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Makati Mayor Abby Binay

Makati street under granular lockdown

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature