Articles worth reading

Makati News

Makati City Mayor Abby Binay / Photo Courtesy of PhilStar

Makati residents to receive P5,000 each

account_balanceMakati chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Makati City Mayor Abby Binay announced the grant of P5,000 financial aid for all eligible residents of Makati under the expanded Makati Economic Relief Program via Facebook Live.

The mayor said the city government will start the contactless distribution of cash aid via electronic money transfer on May 15 under the “MAKA-tulong 5K for 500K Makatizens” program, which will benefit around 500,000 residents, regardless of economic status.

“The MAKA-tulong 5K for 500K Makatizens program, which will cost P2.7 billion, is intended to provide much-needed financial assistance to residents on an individual basis, not per household, as we begin to emerge from the prolonged lockdown,” Mayor Abby said.

The mayor also thanked Globe Telecom for helping the city government with the “contactless and transparent” implementation of the program through GCash.

The mayor said a household where both parents are qualified will receive a total of P10,000. If the couple has a child who qualifies as a recipient, the total benefit would be P15,000. If a grandparent who lives with them is eligible, their household will receive a total of P20,000 under the MAKA-tulong program.

“As early as April 21, I had approved and signed the program. However, we decided to finish first the distribution of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP) in our barangays to ensure that our residents, whether they are SAP beneficiaries or not, will still have money to spend for their essential needs,” Mayor Abby said.

The mayor also emphasized that those who have been previously granted cash aid from the city, including senior citizens, persons with disability, informal workers, and solo parents, are still qualified to receive the P5,000-financial assistance.

To qualify as a beneficiary of MAKA-tulong program, one must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Makati or of any of the relocation sites managed by the city government of Makati in San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan and Calauan, Laguna.

One must also be registered either as a Makatizen Card holder, or as a Yellow Card holder under the Makati Health Program, or as a voter in Makati City. If a resident does not fall into any of these three categories, he or she is not eligible as a beneficiary.

Details of the application process and documentary requirements will be released to the residents in the city’s official My Makati Facebook page. A step-by-step guide to applying for the benefit will also be accessible through the web portal www.proudmakatizen.com. For inquiries, Makatizens may also call hotlines 8236-5795 or 8236-5796.

date_rangeDate Published
1 year ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Makati Mayor Abby Binay

Makati street under granular lockdown

account_balanceMakati chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Makati Mayor Abby Binay has ordered the implementation of a granular lockdown at H. Santos St. in Brgy. Tejeros starting at 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, September 16, 2021. “I ordered the granular lockdown after noting an increase in the number of ...

Another QC convent reports Covid outbreak

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

A third convent in Quezon City was hit by an outbreak of coronavirus disease (COViD-19) cases with 13 nuns reportedly being infected, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. The nuns are reportedly from the convent of Stella Maris in Cubao, Q...

Caloocan issues ‘fully vaxxed’ certificates

account_balanceCaloocan chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

Caloocan has started providing “Fully Vaxxed” certifications to establishments in the city whose employees are 100 percent fully-vaccinated, according to a report by Daily Tribune. Mayor Oca Malapitan said the initiative will encourage b...

Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte

Belmonte wants strict monitoring of closed-setting facilities 

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode6 days ago

The Quezon City government is strictly monitoring all closed-setting facilities situated in the city after 22 more individuals tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in another religious convent, according to a report by Phi...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature